“I sought out Nordic Botanics to find a solution to my phantom leg pains after the amputation. I quickly realised that it also helped with all of the bumps and bruises I got competing and training. “Joe Bestwick professional Wheelchair Basketball Player
Joe was born with Talipes Equinovarus and later had his right leg amputated in 2010, despite this challenge he has a passion for sport and competes as a professional athlete.
Joe Started playing wheelchair basket ball at the age of 12 and quickly realised he had a talent for the game. He currently plays for the German team Hannover United and holds multiple top scorer records.
- 2x Gold and 1x Silver at 3 U23 European Championships (GB)
- 2006 World Championships – Amsterdam, Netherlands – 4th (GB)
- 2007 European Championships – Wetzlar, Germany – Silver (GB)
- 2008 Paralympic Games – Beijing, China – Bronze (GB)
- 2008/09 Season – RBBL Top Scorer (Köln 99ers)
- 2009 European Championships – Adana, Turkey – Bronze (GB)
- 2013 European Championships – Frankfurt, Germany – Gold (GB)
- 1x IWBF Europe Champions Cup Winner
- 2019/20 Season – RBBL Top Scorer (Hannover United)